Editor's note: In these tough times we need to take extra good care of ourselves, so here's some sage advice ...
- Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.
- With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arm straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
- Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.
- Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
- After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks.
- After a couple of more weeks, move up to 50-lb. potato sacks.
- When you have mastered this, try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms staight for more than a full minute.
- After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.