Saturday, July 7, 2007

You Meet a Better Class of People ....




oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo So I've been mouldering along cleaning out, hardly leaving the house in the 100 degree heat, except to sell a few books at the second hand store ...

Minding my own business, in other words, which is seductively satisfying.

The church I belong to (as opposed to the one I serve as a consultant some ways away) is having a celebratory pot luck picnic tomorrow - 200+ members - a real tribute to its current healing and empowering minister. But I won't be there. It's going to be 100 degrees again, folks, and I just can't imagine a) sitting on my mobility scooter sweating it out and b) eating ??? in that heat!

So I will miss seeing any other people, other than my beloved, again. How many days is that now? Three weeks? I have this suspicion I should feel worse about this than I do.

I must be spending too much time on-line, that's for sure. You know what they say, spend too much time on-line and real human beings become quite a problem to withstand. After all, you do meet a better class of people in fantasy, now don't you. Trouble is, they ain't real.

Damn. We'd go if it weren't gonna be so hot. But we can only take so much. See you in cooler times, world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I envy your potluck!! We don't do potlucks over the summer here - light attendance and hot temps - and I miss them. A lot! Unitarians shur can cook! (Not that I can eat much of the fare these days, but ... yum!)

I've been thinking about you giving away some of your stoles... isn't that hard to do? I think I would find that difficult, though I am not sure exactly why. Hmm.

Hoping for cooler weather for you! I can't believe Memphis is actually 'cool' at 95 degrees!

 
Online Dating

Mingle2 - Online Dating